- A set of worldviews voiced by those identifying themselves as Christian;
- Common elements of worldviews predominant among those identifying themselves as Christian;
- The concept of a single "Christian worldview" on a range of issues.
There are some rather startling statistics, based upon the following definition of "worldview," including a firm belief in six specific religious views.
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life;
- God is the all-powerful and all-knowing Creator of the universe and He stills rules it today;
- salvation is a gift from God and cannot be earned;
- Satan is real;
- a Christian has a responsibility to share their faith in Christ with other people; and
- the Bible is accurate in all of its teachings.
Based upon the above definition, Barna and other polling organizations have observered a decline in Christian beliefs. A recent study indicates that only 4% of American adults have a biblical worldview as the basis of their decision-making -- while at the same time "spirituality" has been on the rise.