Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Simon and his companions went to look for him, and when they found him, they exclaimed: “Everyone is looking for you!” —Mark 1:35-37, NIV
- we know about Jesus healing the sick and raising the dead;
- we know about Jesus throwing the money-changers out of the House of God;
- we know about Jesus' mercy on the woman caught in the act of adultery;
- we know about Jesus feeding the five thousand from a few pieces of bread and a few fish;
- we know about Jesus' many miracles
However, in the above passage we see Jesus in the fullness of His character.
We see Him as one who not only carried out the will of God, but one who sought God's Will during times of solitude in prayer. Jesus sacrificed Himself to carry out the will of God. He could have stopped it at any time, but He allowed it to happen because it was God'w Will and because He loves us that much.