- the state of being free, esp. to enjoy political and civil liberties
- exemption or immunity: freedom from government control
- liberation, such as from slavery
- the right or privilege of unrestricted access: freedom of the skies
- self-government or independence
- the power to order one's own actions
- ease or frankness of manner
- to burden with cruel or unjust impositions or restraints; subject to a burdensome or harsh exercise of authority or power: a people oppressed by totalitarianism.
- to lie heavily upon (the mind, a person, etc.): Care and sorrow oppressed them.
- to weigh down, as sleep or weariness does.
- Archaic. to put down; subdue or suppress.
- Archaic. to press upon or against; crush.
→ Air Force Concert Band Play Stars & Stripes